Every year the Woodstock Film Festival gets better and better. Last week we attended the 2010 festival with some seriously cool highlights.
1. From the left, my fiance flew to NY from England that morning to surprise me. BONUS!
2. The Woodstock 2010 Festival trailer Joy, James and I created was a huge hit and got a great response from the audience. Click here to watch and see how it was made.
3. Saw a brilliant film called “Don’t Quit Your Daydream,” produced by John Loar and Adrian Grenier. It’s about a band, The Good Listeners (Nathan Khyber & Clark Stiles) as they road trip through America recording their third album. Go out and buy it immediately and while you are at it, check out their other albums.
4. The Animation Screening was sold out BOTH days! The psychedelic and sexy films were very well received by the hippies. In the photo from the left: Signe Baumane, Peter Ahern, James Buran, Bill Plympton, Noelle Vaccese, Joy Vaccese and Dustin Grella.
5. We saw Luke Matheny, director of a short called, “God of Love.” It’s a great film we caught at the Martha’s Vineyard festival a few weeks ago.
6. We recognized Nathan and Clark from the Good Listeners at the after party. They are really cool guys and got us on the guest list for a show they were playing at Levon Helm’s Barn.
7. Concert at Levon Helm’s. It was a rad experience, The Good Listeners opened and played a mind-blowing show and Levon Helm’s Band was incredible.
8. We had to leave to get to the Awards ceremony. Got there late to find that Peter won Honorable Mention for his animated short, Down to the Bone. He wasn’t there to accept his award because we were at the coolest concert ever. Congrats anyway, Peter!
9. Oh yeah! And Keanu Reeves won the Best Actor Award. WHOA!
To see more photos of the Woodstock Film Festival 2010, click here.